Short video from Meg LeFauve, writer/director for Pixar Animation Studios. Here she seamlessly weaves together faith, determination, belief, vulnerability, courage through fear, and other values, talking about her career.
“Love is complete when one human being says to another:
You have wounded me and disappointed me.
You have hurt me beyond description.
But I forgive you with all my heart
because I believe you will heal me also
and I refuse to lose faith in you.
I too have not been blameless.
We need to forgive each other.“
-Anthony T. Padovano
“The opposite of belonging, from the research, is ‘fitting in.’ Fitting in is assessing, and acclimating. Here is what I should say, be. Here is what I shouldn’t say, here’s what I should avoid talking about. Here’s what I should dress like, look like. That’s fitting in.
Belonging, is belonging to yourself first. Speaking your truth, telling your story, and never betraying yourself for other people. True belonging doesn’t require you to change who you are. It requires you to be who you are. And that’s vulnerable.”
I believe that the choices I make affect my own genetics, and that I can pass these genetic changes to my offspring.
Finally there is scientific debate around this: “epigenetics.”
Do your best to give / bring good energy to the Family.
It’s not about the details, it’s about your perception of it.
It’s about the journey, the way. How are you experiencing the path?
Being humble and realizing that you Love everything that you Love, and you want to be Grateful for that.
It’s not about necessarily saying “Thank You”,
It’s about Appreciating what you have.
How do I honor the Path? Am I honoring the Path?
One way to honor the path is by doing the best you can do.
Honoring the family, by doing the best you can do with those connections.
Two quotes from “As a Man Thinketh” by James Allen – the gender references were made neutral:
Here is a rich person who is the victim of a painful and persistent disease as the result of gluttony. That person is willing to give large sums of money to get rid of it, but they will not sacrifice their gluttonous desires. That person wants to gratify their taste for rich and unnatural viands and have their health as well. Such a person is totally unfit to have health, because they have not yet learned the first principles of a healthy life.
… whilst aiming at a good end, this person is continually frustrating its accomplishment by encouraging thoughts and desires which cannot possibly harmonize with that end.
I started a curriculum out of necessity. Essentially it is lots of things covered, some explicitly or implicitly in the first Spark the Flame book, other items being other concepts and connections.
The content naturally formed as a curriculum, a set of guidelines of how the universe has been observed to behave, and ways we can act best.
The order of the lessons / sections are not set in stone and can plausibly change.
Right now these are rough outlines / topics for discussion within a class environmnent.
Section 1: Karma; Interconnectivity
- You get
what you give
- The universe reflects to you who you are being;
- Life as a mirror
- Always see yourself in the other person’s position, because whatever you do to them, comes back to you
- Use your observation to see the direct answer that life gives to who you are being
- Good karma saves your butt when you are in trouble!
cannot get away with anything
- May return in different ways (pain to another causes a proportionate pain to you, but not necessarily the same exact painful event)
- Law of
- Thoughts and feelings attract like things,
thoughts, and feelings
- Works through mind images and feelings
- Also NLP / self-talk
- Neuroplasticity builds energies and points of
attraction into the subconscious
- You are
attracting things all the time: consciously and subconsciously
- Modify the subconscious by exerting the conscious
- You are attracting things all the time: consciously and subconsciously
- Its more personal, the methods that work for you
- Combine all methods that work for you
- Some people use “dream books” and “vision boards”
- My way is to walk with the mindset. It sort of “burns” it, or “overlays” it into the world
- Always stay true to your greatest, loving values
- Watch your thoughts, they do not occur in a vacuum. They bring like-minded thoughts and things into your life
- Thoughts and feelings attract like things, thoughts, and feelings
- STF section on Interconnectivity
- This is part of why Karma and LOA can function anywhere, anytime, with anything
Section 2: Recovery, Salvation, Redemption
an opportunity for course correction
- This is the same as religions saying “God will always take you back / forgive you”
- No matter how deep in ish you have reached, you can ALWAYS make the choice to begin coming back
This was an interview by Tami Simon from Sounds True publishing.
Brené talks about alot here, but she keeps things very simple and fundamental in a way that probably most of us can immediately connect with.
Thank you for this Blessedness
And help me be true to my Loved values.
I really appreciate this actor, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Every time I encounter him he seems to put a lot of work into himself and being a good, healthy, balanced human.
Here he gives a TED talk on how people who “paying” more attention leads to greater happiness than craving attention. He touches on many related topics such as social media addiction, and also the concept of “flow.”
I’m posting this video here because it alludes to special things about the energy of attention; things that do not seem to be understood or cognizant in the public or private mind.
- I do think people “feed” on and take attention energy
- I think people can also “give” attention energy
- I think these attention energies can have different intonations and vibrations
- And when these energies are digested by humans, I think their effect is much more complicated and impactful than we know.
What do you do when you have control?
You make the right choice.
In other words, act responsibly with the power you wield. This is your chance to perpetuate harmony, or to cause disharmony, in your life. Life will reciprocate to you harmony or disharmony, based on how you handle the power you wield.
Sometimes what is needed and feels better is not necessarily to look on the bright side, but rather to see that the not-so-bright side is actually ok; a natural, normal, human part of life…acceptance.
A deep and beautiful talk on the healing, fulfilling, and transformative power of authentic human connections.
Very imperfect beings we are.
-Myself accidentally doing a Yoda impression
I love what Emily Esfahani Smith says. She is someone I can always count on, much like Brené Brown, to speak very authentically, with a powerful, conscious heart. Emily Esfahani Smith is a researcher and author. The findings that she speaks about are much of what I have noticed in my own explorations and trials and tribulations of experiencing meaning in life. I am grateful also for the interviewer who goes in rapid pace to ensure that Emily covers a lot of ground in useful depth of her knowledge in this area. I truly hope you enjoy this amazing interview.
“I feel like I belong everywhere I go, no matter where it is or who I’m with, as long as I never betray myself. And the minute I become who you want me to be, in order to fit in and make sure people like me, is the moment I no longer belong anywhere. And that is hard. I mean that’s a hard practice, that’s an everyday practice.”
On the quest for happiness and fulfillment, Living in this Life without written instructions
Even if you could have everything you want,
what is the point of that?
Listen to those who come before you,
When you get what you want, you
will always want more.
The difference and lasting satisfaction
comes when you appreciate.
The power of human connection
is so underrated, it will
contribute to meaning and purpose
in your heart.
We are perfect in our imperfections
The Present moment is a gift. That’s why they call it the “present.”
(Darrell Scott is the father of Rachel from “Rachel’s Challenge”)